Welcome to Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Update Hub. Here you will find the latest software release information for Samsung’s latest smartwatches. We will update the current firmware versions of Galaxy Watch 4 and Galaxy Watch 4 Classic and alert you when a new update is released.
The Galaxy Watch 4 and Watch 4 Classic have been launched with Wear OS 3 and Samsung’s One UI Watch skin. Samsung has confirmed that the series will have software support for up to four years, suggesting that support for both devices be increased by 2026.
- Current stable version: Wear OS 3
Latest Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Series Update
April 7, 2022: Samsung is bringing a new update to its flagship wearable line in the United States. As spot by XDAFirmware version R8 ** XXU1FVC8 Doesn’t include a long laundry list of features like the previous patch but has a fairly thick 357MB weight. For security updates, this patch includes the March 2022 revision. See the complete, but brief, changelog below.
- Improved Samsung health function
- Improved system durability and reliability
To check for Galaxy Watch 4 updates on your device, go Settings > Software updates On your watch or, open Galaxy wearable app On your phone and go Clock settings > See software updates.
Don’t miss: Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Review
- February 10, 2022: Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 brings the first big update of 2022. The update comes with an improved gamified relevant sleep tracking system, better health training for runners and cyclists and a new watch face with extra color and font for spacing targets and tinkers. The update weighed about 670MB and included firmware version R8 ** XXU1EVA8.
- November 11, 2021: An update with firmware version R8 ** XXU1DUK1 Arrived, wearables bring “improved system stability and reliability”.
- October 20, 2021: Samsung has released the biggest content update of Galaxy Watch 4 and Galaxy Watch 4 Classic to date. Four new clock faces have been introduced on the devices, including Info Brick (a data-packed clock face), Basic Dashboard (simple, simple statistics), Weather Center (showing your three-hour forecast and weather conditions), and Live Wallpaper. Based on the Galaxy Z Fold 3 series with background). Samsung has added a new gesture through a knock-knock shortcut. The update also includes the November 2021 security patch via firmware version R8 ** XXU1DUJA.
- October 12, 2021: Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 line (h / t) 9to5Google), Firmware version R8 ** XXU1CUJ2. Samsung has provided only a brief, vague changelog, indicating “improved system stability and reliability”.
- September 29, 2021: Samsung has launched firmware version R8 ** XXU1CUIDWhich “improves system stability and reliability.”
- September 10, 2021: Firmware version R8 ** XXU1BUI5 (D / t Sammobile) The Galaxy Watch 4 has landed in the series. This improved the touch bezel on the Galaxy Watch 4 and improved system stability on both models. Not mentioned in the changelog but noticed Of XDA Zachary Wonder~ The 160MB update also smoothed the app drawer scrolling while adding a new drawer animation.
- September 2, 2021: Samsung has pushed firmware version R8 ** XXU1BUH9 In the United States, Europe and the United Kingdom Galaxy Watch 4 Series (h / t) Tizen Help) It has added Samsung Health function in the settings. Samsung has also introduced a cancel option for automatic workout detection and a volume adjustment option in the Quick Settings panel. Improvements in calorie measurement and general stability during cycling practice round up the patch.
- August 22, 2021: The first update of the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 series rolled out before wearable shipping began. It carries firmware version R8 ** XXU1BUH5 And had a size of 290MB. Updates include stability improvements and bug fixes. The update also boosted overall performance, but Samsung did not give an accurate account of those improvements.
What firmware are you running on your Galaxy Watch 4? Let us know in the comments. Also, if you’ve seen an OTA that we haven’t received, let us know!