Welcome to Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Update Hub. Here you will find the latest updates on Samsung’s budget flagship. We’ll update you on current software versions of the device and alert you when a new update launches. Samsung usually does a UI update regularly, but availability may be affected by variants, carriers and regions.
- Current stable version: Android 12
- When will Samsung Galaxy S20 FE get Android 13? December 2022 (estimated)
Latest Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Update
April 12, 2022: Samsung is now launching April 2022 security patches for Galaxy S20 FE in some markets. The latest software comes with firmware version G780GXXS3CVC4 and includes solutions to over 80 security issues. It is currently rolling out Galaxy S20 FE devices in Australia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines and Vietnam. However, other regions will also see OTA soon.
To check if an update is available on your Galaxy S20 FE, go Settings > Software updates.
Previous Samsung Galaxy S20 FE update
- March 24, 2022: Samsung has rolled out One UI 4.1 for the Galaxy S20 FE, including fixing game throttling issues and security patches for March 2022. The update includes new smart widget features, expanded RAM plus functions, night mode for portraits, and more.
- February 23, 2022: The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE and S20 FE 5G both received the February security patch with the firmware version G780GXXS3BVB3 for the regular model and the G781BXXS4DVB1 for the 5G variant.
- February 2, 2022: A few weeks after European countries welcomed the January 2022 security patch, those in the United States also gained access to it. Per SammobileCarrier-locked versions of the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE have received the January security patch with the firmware version G781USQS6EVA9.
- January 19, 2022: Samsung has come up with a new update on the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G variant. According to SammobileMany European countries have acquired the firmware version G781BXXS4DVA2, which included the January 2022 security patch.
- December 26, 2021: Samsung has started rolling out early on in the affordable flagship of Android 12-based One UI4.
- December 23, 2021: Samsung has pushed the December 2021 security update to the Galaxy S20 FE device, starting in Spain. According to Sammobile, The update brings the firmware version G781BXXS4CUL3 and includes patches for more than 40 vulnerabilities, seven of which have been identified as critical. Although the update was a little brief on the new features.
- October 4, 2021: Samsung launches October 2021 security patch with firmware G781BXXS4CUI1.
- August 30, 2021: September patch rolled out early to users in Europe and South America with 4G and 5G models. This further enhances the touch display responsiveness of the phone.
- July 30, 2021: Samsung Roll Out G780FXXU4CUG5 Update to Galaxy S20 FE, bringing with it July 2021 Android Security Patch. There was an update 330MB in size and first seen in the Exynos LTE version of the device, per Sammobile.
- July 8, 2021: Firmware version G780FXXU4CUG1 has arrived (h / t) Sammobile) Tao with several security patches.
- April 12, 2021: Firmware version G781BXXU2CUD1 Roll out on Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G. According to SammobileUpdate The April 2021 Android security patch did not include any significant change times.
- March 24, 2021: Camera has come up with a host of camera updates, including firmware G781BXXU2CUC6, with new portrait mode effects and the ability to use ultraviolet cameras in Pro mode.
- February 19, 2021: A UI 3.1 rolled out on devices after Samsung pulled the initial update. The patch included the firmware version G781BXXU2CUB5 and came in a 1.7GB weight.
- December 25, 2020: One UI 3.0 firmware version G780FXXU1BTL1 and G781BXXU1BTL4 came for 4G and 5G models respectively. This comes after reports that Russian devices received an update a week ago.
If you’ve seen an update we haven’t received, let us know! Are you looking for another update? Be sure to check out our Android 12 Update Tracker.